- Assessments Due panel alerts
users to upcoming scheduled assessments and assessment completion dates.
- Displays count of active residents and
- Panels for Bulletin Boards,
Email, Ticklers, "Sticky Notes" and a list of Current Users logged
- Alerts for order changes,
skin/wound incidents, unfinished
Charting Entries and Care Plan Problems, email
- Lists scheduled events like
alerts to flag
words found in recent charting entries, such as "fall."
Face Sheet Info
- Includes General Information, Personal Contacts, Directives, Providers, Admission/Discharge Info and Transfer Conditions.
- Facility-Specific and Resident-Specific contact databases with ability to import information
- Five facility-named memos
- Over 30 facility-customizable fields and contact databases
- Editable pick lists to reduce data-entry time
- Create and electronically sign forms for individual residents based on facility-designed templates.
- Create wristbands with barcode identification.
- Facilitates tasks related to admitting and discharging residents.
- Resident Status defines where the resident is in the process of admitting or discharging.
- Bed/Status is where users can assign or change Bed Assignments.
- Edit Admission, Discharge, Reentry Events panel is where users enter or edit admissions, discharges, and reentries with dates.
We have the "right" EMAR to prevent errors and maximize nursing time for the best resident care!
- RIGHT TIME: Overview lists residents with orders that are current, late, or need follow-up
- RIGHT RESIDENT: Photo ID at start of administration session
- RIGHT CONDITIONS: Monitor vitals, glucose, O2 sat, pain (pre and post) WHEN order is administered
- RIGHT MEDICATION, RIGHT DOSE, RIGHT ROUTE: Bar Code verification of NDC Code, strength and dose, diagnosis, schedule, objective, instructions, side effects, order and start dates, most recent administration, memo, request and response for follow-ups
Tools to take control.
- Provides an overview of all resident's assessments.
- Change assessment reasons/dates and re-order them.
- Create planned or actual assessments.
- Perform sequence and timing error checking.
Eliminate duplication and conflicting data. Our clients report that their paperwork burden is reduced by at least 50%.
Assure that MDS data is supported throughout the chart.
Encourage interdisciplinary participation as members of the team share the same "workplace."
Our comprehensive, interdisciplinary assessment system includes the MDS plus the SA Supplement to further document a resident's functional and clinical status. All disciplines enter data into this single source document that becomes the central feature of the medical record. It includes Care Area Assessment and Analysis summaries, location of information.
SAEnCompass Assessment Editor provides a user-friendly data entry window for brief assessments with:
- Electronic Signatures
- Import Info from other parts of the medical record.
- Export data to Shift Entries
Assessments are currently available for Falls, Pain, Skin, Physical, Long-Term Care Physical, Geriatric Depression, Tardive Dyskinesia Screening, Cornell Scale, Power Chair Screening, Nutrition, Activities, Psychosocial, Mobility, Incontinence, Nutritio, Resident Care Category, Smoking, Side Rails/Assist Bars, Physician History and Physical, Physician Visit, Device Risks/Benefits, Elopement Risk, Hamilton Anxiety Rating Scale, Care Plan Team Notes, Monthly Charting, Infection Risk, and Person-Centered Care.
Care Plan Manager
Manage Relationships between Care Area Triggers, Care Plan, and Charting entries
- lists Care Areas,
- if they were Triggered,
- the decision to Proceed, and
- how many Care Plan Problems address the Care Area Trigger.
Care Plan Problems Grid
- lists Care Plan Problems created by all users,
- counts Care Area Triggers addressed in the Care Plan Problem, and
- counts Charting Entries that users have indicated as addressing the Care Plan Problem.
Charting Entries Grid
- lists Charting Entries created by all users and
- counts related Care Plan Problems.
Customize facility Care Plan libraries to make your team efficient.
Extensive library of problems, goals, and approaches, which can be combined and customized for a truly individualized care plan.
- Split screen to transfer text from library to work sheet
- Standard Windows word-processing capabilities, including copy, cut, paste and spell check
- Library of problem templates available, with the ability to create your own problem templates
- Keyword search provides reports of content
- Tracking of changes and ability to print earlier versions of a care plan problem
Care Planning with SAEnCompass is designed to be comprehensive and personalized.
- Format a three-part document of problem statement (title, related to, evidenced by), measurable goals, and specific and individualized approaches.
- Create individualized care plans by using and editing our library of SA Care Plan Items, creating your own library, or free-text entering items.
- Use SAEnCompass Care Plan Problem templates, or create and save your own problem that may be applicable to more than one resident to the Care Plan Library.
- Links to assure that charting reflects Care Plan
- Time/date stamp
- Allows caregiver with the most immediate knowledge of the resident to enter information directly into the electronic record regarding: Behavior Occurrences, Mood, ADLs/Nutrition, Elimination, Weights, Vital Signs, Glucose/O2, Neuro Checks, Skin/Wounds, Therapy Minutes, Diagnostics, Doctor Visits, Treatment Administration, and Activities participation.
- Data imports to MDS and EMAR.
- Easy 3-step transfer procedure
- Ability to add and remove assessments in a transfer file
- Capture dates, residents, or simply select the desired assessment to transmit
- Face Sheets and Transfer Sheets
- Surveyor Report for Resident Roster and Resident Census, Daily Census, Open Assessments, Next Assessments, List Assessments, Sequence
- Clinical Reports
- Statistical reports that import to Excel
- Records Med Errors, Falls, Injuries, complaints regarding care or property (including allegations of Abuse and Misappropriation), Infections, and Skin/Wounds.
- Includes incident and reporting dates, times and types.
- Links incidents to Medication, Diagnoses, Physician, and Employee.
- Documents Conditions, Locations/Precautions, Treatments, Lab Tests, Notifications
- Customizable memos for Incident Details and Investigation
- Desktop reminder to follow through on incomplete entries.
- Customizable reports for individual incidents and facility-wide tracking of incidents
Convenient tool for communicating activity shift-to-shift in SAEnCompass, including:
- Overview by resident
- Tasks for team members
- Log Memos from Face Sheets, Message Center, Risks, Assessments, Care Plans, Charting and File Editor
- Additional FYI Memos
Maximizes Revenue and Cuts Expenses
- Ends tedious combing of handwritten charts for statistical report data. Provides consistency and rapid, accurate data retrieval and significant savings since "chart pulls" can cost at least $5 each.
- Immediate data access for calculating "best" MDS reimbursement.
- Eliminates leasing costs for paper record storage or allows space owned by healthcare organization to be put to more profitable use.
- Reduces costs related to chart folders, dividers, and filing cabinets, estimated at an average of $3 per record.
- Lowers printer, paper and ink costs.
Reduces Medical Errors
- Simplifies order transcription since handwriting is not an issue.
- Pharmacy sees exactly what physician has written.
- Eliminates checking paper med sheets at the end of the month.
- Streamlines medication pass.
- See at a glance which residents need medications and when.
- Data indicating medications administered is instantly available.
- Alerts to follow up on held medications and vital signs.
- Bar-code verification of drug, dose, form and route.
Ensures Worry-Free Surveys
- "Cleaner" medical records improve employee satisfaction, increase quality of care, reduce risks for residents, and help avoid costly survey deficiencies.
- Eliminates costly errors associated with handwriting.
- Prevents conflicting information from different members of the interdisciplinary team.
Promotes Quality Through Teamwork
- Information is available to all staff with access to a workstation.
- CNAs need only one minute per resident needed for comprehensive information, and copycat charting is eliminated.
- Charge nurses see desk-top alerts for missed charting before the end of shift.
- Find out more about our EMARs and CPOE
- For a free SAEnCompass demo packet or for more information, call 800-572-8264.